Thursday, April 22, 2010



Miranda's Banana Pancakes (Paleo style)

Ingredients:
2 eggs
½ C of unsweetened applesauce
½ C of nut butter (I prefer sun butter)
½ tsp. of vanilla
½ tsp of raw honey or agave nectar (optional depending on your diet)
1 really, really ripe banana mashed

Seasonings, I just used a ½ tsp of cinnamon, but you could add nutmeg too

*makes about 8 pancakes*


Grease your fry pan, heat on medium low heat. Mix all ingredients together. Once the pan is warm spoon the batter into the pan and spread it out thin. The batter will be thick, but you have to use your spoon to thin it out and form the cakes. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes, once your bubbles appear flip and cook on the other side.

Serve with banana slices, raspberries or strawberries. You can make the batter ahead of time minus the egg, if you are short on time in the mornings.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miranda, I attempted these the other day but need to get some unsweetened applesauce. I added almond milk to thin the batter sone and that worked fine too. I also threw 5 strawberries in a blender to make my "syrup". Yum!

    ReplyDelete